Moseley in Bloom recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity.
No volunteer or organisation/individual to which we provide services will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, sexual orientation, marriage, gender re-assignment)
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin)
- religion or belief
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All volunteers and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all.
- Selection for volunteering will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- All volunteers and members will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- All volunteers/members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to either the Chair or any Trustee.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our volunteers, members and beneficiaries are recognised and valued.
- Every volunteer, member and beneficiary is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Equality is good management practice and makes sound sense. Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings or membership disqualification.
This policy is fully supported by the Committee and has been agreed with The Trustees of Moseley in Bloom. The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all Trustees and volunteers. Hence, all new Trustees and volunteers will be made aware of its existence on joining the organisation and reminded they must conform with it.